Hi everyone! Today I decided to do a post and put my shame out for the world to see. I went through my makeup and skincare and picked out 10 items that I have hardly used or don't ever reach for. It's nothing against the products, I actually quite like most of them, however I just don't seem to use them.
I have a composite picture of everything which I have numbered and I will go through each number below and try to give an explanation as to why I don't use that particular item. (I realize this is a bit of a jumble and I apologize for the overcrowded photo.)
1. E.L.F. Cosmetics "Little Black Beauty Book" Warm Edition: I picked this up on the advice of a YouTuber and I figured I would love it. I find that the shadows aren't as pigmented and easy to work with and there aren't any especially unusual shades in the palette.
2. Michael Todd Skincare "Anti Aging Facelift" mask: This is a good mask and works well. I got an AMAZING deal on it (Michael Todd skincare is expensive!) but only used this about 3 times.
3. Wet 'n Wild 3-pan palettes: I love Wet 'n Wild's eyeshadow formula for these little 3 pans, but I just don't grab for them...even for simple looks I tend to whip out a larger palette.
4. Avon Super Shock Gel Eyeliner in "Velvet Plum": Another item I saw on YouTube and thought that it would be a great alternative to black liner. I find it a bit dry and patchy to apply and it isn't as opaque as it seems in the pot and you have to go over the line a couple times. (There will be a swatch photo in this post.)
5. Christian Dior Highlighter/Blush: This a beautiful baby pink blush/highlighter. I would only use this as a topper to a pink blush or as a straight up highlight...except that I don't like the way it looks on me. I bought this from Poshmark (which is why it is a tester and doesn't have the fancy Dior packaging.)
6. Miscellaneous Colored Eyeliners: Just don't use 'em very much...so they sit there. Lovely colors, great formulas...no love given.
7. Estée Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in "Violet Electra": OH MY...what is wrong with me???? Just look at the picture below...fabulous color! The texture does bug me a bit because it has some shimmer in it, but I don't think I've worn this more than once. ONCE PEOPLE! (I can hear the heckling...)
8. Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadows: I really do adore these things...ALOT! But, once again...my brain betrays me and I usually totally forget to use them. And as you can see...I have plenty of them!
9. Urban Decay Naked 3 palette: I loved this palette when I first got it. The formula, the colors, all of it...then I just didn't like it anymore. It sits in a drawer completely overlooked by me.
10. Tarte Cosmetics "Gorgeous Getaways" 2013 Christmas gift set: This is perhaps the WORST incident of a makeup lover being completely neglectful of a product. I bought this last year and did a blog post review which I will link if you are interested in checking it out. http://blog.reneebruch.com/2013/11/review-tartes-gorgeous-getaways-holiday.html
While I love Tarte's shadows and really do enjoy this set, the packaging makes it so bulky to store and it sits in one of my Alex drawers. I have only used the eyeshadows three times and I occasionally will grab for it when looking for a blush color. Other than that...I'm just ashamed of myself...
So I hoped you all enjoyed this post and I will be back soon with another review or look or something for you all! Please feel free to leave your comments down below. I love hearing from you! You can also follow me on Twitter @ReneeBruchPhoto and on Instagram @beautography_by_bruch. Also, check out my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ReneeBruchPhotography and my official website at www.reneebruch.com