Hello lovelies! Sorry for such a delay in posts! Here is a different kind of post for you. Have you ever discovered something fun and wonderful that all of a sudden takes up so much of your time online that you feel as if you don't have time for anything else? I'm going to tell you a little bit about a site I discovered about six weeks ago. Those of you who follow me on Instagram may have seen me share a bit about this site. It's called Poshmark and I'm ADDICTED! (Poshmark is only available within the United States, so those of you outside the U.S....I'm sorry!)
Poshmark is a site where women list accessories, clothing, jewelry, and shoes (and more!) for sale in their "closets" so that other women can buy them at a discount. A great deal of the items are high end name brand bags, shoes and other accessories. You can find brand new items with tags still attached and some are gently used. I discovered the site by accident when a YouTuber mentioned it. (If forget who it was) and I decided I needed to check it out. I checked it out, signed up and now want to share the joys of Poshing with you all!
First of all, you can make money. Which is fantastic. I'm not talking big money, but you will eventually bring in some extra income, especially if you have designer brands to sell. Secondly, you can find brand new designer items for more than 50% off depending on the price the seller is asking. So far I've acquired a Coach bag, Michael Kors bag and wallet, and an adorable Kate Spade cross-body bag. I've listed alot of my gold and silver jewelry I don't wear (and a bit of clothing) and have made more money that I had expected!
Here's how it works:
1. You have to sign up. You can sign up through Facebook or an e-mail. (I signed up by e-mail.)
2. You will have to create a "closet", but you don't have to add any items for sale. It's just so you will be able to purchase items.
3. If you are a seller, Poshmark takes a 20% cut of what you sell. (YIKES! I know it is alot, but there's a reason.) Poshmark provides alot of support and also offers safeguards and other services that many other sites do not. For instance, I bought an item and it turned out to be counterfeit. So, I contacted their support center and they opened an inquiry and I got my full purchase amount back including the shipping charges.
4. The buyer pays for shipping and Poshmark actually provides the seller with a USPS Priority Mail (not flat rate) shipping label that the seller just prints from their computer. You are able to track the package as well. Easy peasy!
5. If you are the seller, package up (MAKE IT PRETTY!) what your buyer has purchased and send it through the mail!
6. Once it is received and accepted by the buyer, your funds are released and you can redeem them by shopping on Poshmark and using the funds as credit, OR have them direct deposited into your bank account. And just because you ask for funds to be direct deposited once, it's not an automatic thing. You have to choose each time you want to redeem. If you don't ask for certain funds to be direct deposited and choose to shop, Poshmark deducts the price from your redeemable funds.
It's very user friendly and the sign up process is easy. Once you've signed up you are ready to shop and/or sell your items! Say you want to find a Michael Kors handbag. There's a search section and all you do is put in the keywords of what you're looking for. You can also search for clothing and shoes by your size. Most Poshers will also negotiate prices. (But don't lowball...we hate that. LOL)
There are rules that you have to follow as a seller, but it's all outlined in their FAQs section. For instance, no counterfeit items. (Duh!) You also cannot sell homegoods, men's items, children's items, perfume or used makeup. (New makeup is allowed. I know of a young lady that sells MAC Cremesheen lippies in alot of colors and trust me...they are 100% authentic and at an excellent discount.) Think of it as a site where the only thing you can sell is what a woman can wear. The Poshmark community is much like Instagram. You have followers, you share items and the more followers and shares you do of your items and others items, the better your chance of having sales!
So, that's pretty much it. I'm sure I've left out alot of stuff, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me or to check out Poshmark. It's well worth your time if you want that MK bag you've been eyeballing but can't afford it, or even a pair of Christian Louboutin stillettos!
Thanks to all my lovelies for taking the time to read through this post and I hope you visit my closet! My closet is www.poshmark.com/closet/beautography and in it you'll find real and costume jewelry (at a HUGE discount) as my closet is very jewelry heavy. Please join me and the millions of other women who love Poshmark! Happy Poshing as we all say!
Don't forget about my other sites though! My official website at www.reneebruch.com and my Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ReneeBruchPhotography and to also follow me on Twitter @ReneeBruchPhoto and my new Instagram @Beautography_by_Bruch. Bye for now!