This is a view of the palette from the outside and the shadows inside.
The palette retails for $35.00 on www.motivescosmetics.com.** The packaging is a highly reflective black plastic that has a click type closure (no magnet). Inside there is a very large mirror that takes up the entire inside of the lid. There are eight shadows, each with 3.54 grams of product and total product weight in the palette is 28.35 grams. (For comparison, a MAC single shadow pan contains 1.5 grams of product.) Below are swatches and descriptions of each of the shades.
I will go through each of the shades from top to bottom, left to right:
- BIRCH - matte cream (great for highlight)
- NATIVE - matte mid-tone cool brown (perfect transition shade)
- AUBERGINE - a mid-tone plummy/charcoal (this can also be a relatively deep color if used in a more concentrated way)
- RAVEN - matte black
- SHELL - shimmery champagne
- SERENE - shimmery copper toned tan
- BORDEAUX - burgundy/wine with a slight sheen
- TRUFFLE - very deep brown with copper sparkle (the sparkle does not really translate to the eye and it comes off as matte when blended)
As soon as I laid eyes on the "Bordeaux" color...I knew I had to do a deep smoky look! Below is the look I came up with for this post.
I am loving this palette! The price is very reasonable for the amount of product you get, the quality is superb and the color selection is on point! I would highly recommend this palette if you are looking to try any of Motives' products and aren't sure what your first purchase should be! I look forward to trying more of Motives' products in the future. And when I do, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop!
As promised, below is a list of the "Motives Mavens"* and their Instagram accounts so you can check out their beautiful work!
- Vegas Nay - IG account @vegas_nay
- Maryam Maquillage - IG account @maryamnyc
- Teni Panosian - IG account @tenipanosian
- Ely Marino - IG account @elymarino
- Ellarie - IG account @ellarie
- Makeup by Denise - IG account @makeupbydenise
**(Please be advised, Motives does have representatives that sell their products and you can access the website using that representative's specific website, or enter their information during checkout. I am not aware of any discounts available by using a specific representative's information. I am not at all familiar with that aspect of Motives Cosmetics' business, but a friend of mine sells Motives and I did use her specific representative information when checking out. Please visit Motives' website for more information.)**
That's all for now my lovelies! I hope you found this post helpful! Please subscribe to my blog on Google+ and comment! I welcome all of your feedback! Follow me on Instagram @reneebruch and on Twitter @ReneeBruchPhoto. Please visit my official website at www.reneebruch.com and like my Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ReneeBruchPhotography.