WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
If you don't know about the Liebster Award, it's probably because you're a newbie blogger, just like me! In a nutshell, the Liebster Award helps to introduce smaller and newer blogs to a wider audience. It is also a great way to meet and network with other bloggers who share the same interests as you. The Liebster Award is not a type of competition where people vote for your blog, nor do you attend some fancy event somewhere to receive a special plaque or a trophy. What the Liebster Award really is, and what you make of it, is purely up to you. Many see it as a blogger's "chain letter" and an annoyance. It is you and you alone that chooses whether or not to accept the nomination and do the work involved and post. I'm having a blast with it! I think these posts are fun because you get a chance to see how people answer the questions posed to them and the types of questions they pose to their nominees!
There's no official "Liebster Award" website and I've seen so many versions of the "rules" that I'm pretty much following the ones that Tashia wrote on her blog. Here are the rules (I just copied them directly from Tashia's blog...so credit to Tashia!) And, I think at some point everyone has broken the "rules" with the number of people the nominate, or follower numbers, so don't stress about it!
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate up to 10 other bloggers you like and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let them know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So, here are the questions that Tashia asked and my answers:
- Do you prefer lipstick or lipgloss? Lipgloss...it's usually easier for me.
- What's the biggest beauty splurge you ever made? My Estée Lauder skincare regimen.
- What's your best beauty tip? Drink tons of water everyday. If you can do it, drink only water on a daily basis.
- What's one beauty purchase you regret? My most recent foundation purchase, the MAC Prolongwear. It broke me out horribly.
- What is your favorite fashion accessory? I couldn't choose just one, but I did narrow it down to only two! The first, many won't see this as a "fashion accessory", but I do, as well as a "beauty" item. Those who know me will definitely know what I'm going to say. It's my colored contacts from Desiolens. I have 6 colors and I love being able to switch it up all the time! (I did an in-depth review of the Desio lenses recently on my blog and I'll link the post below.) Since I can't really say my wedding ring, it would have to be my black, braided leather wide cuff bracelet with bezel set clear stones from Harley-Davidson. (I'm always in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers...usually black. The reason why is actually in a past blog post of mine, which I will also link below. I love leather, Harleys, muscle cars and the color black...I'm just that kind of girl!)
- Do you wear only one type of mascara at a time or do you layer multiple ones? I layer. One coat of waterproof to hold the curl, and then whatever else strikes my fancy that day.
- What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine? I don't have one.
- What is one beauty item that is under hyped in the beauty community? In my collection, it would have to be the elf Studio Eyebrow Kit.
- If you could only buy one beauty brand for the rest of your life, which company would you choose? (Thanks for the toughest question EVER Tashia!) I'm going to have to say Estée Lauder just because I love the skincare and the Double Wear foundation. I own one eyeshadow and one lipstick from their line, and I like both, so I'm sure I would like the rest of the line well enough to only buy their products.
- What is your holy grail eyeshadow palette? My Lorac "Unzipped" palette because I'm obsessed with the colors and reach for it most often. (This BARELY edged out the Lorac "Pro" palette, even though it has a much larger color selection. I love Lorac's eyeshadow.)
- Stephanie Patino - makeupl0verr.blogspot.com
- Karen Noreen - makeupbykarennoreen.blogspot.com
- Alyssa O'Daniel - alyssamariebeauty.blogspot.com
- Elle Sees - ellesees.blogspot.com
- Stacy Lynn - beautystealsanddeals.blogspot.com
- Is there any other hobby or something that you love that you considered blogging about?
- If you could choose only one, which would it be? Mascara or lipstick?
- Would you wear false lashes on a daily basis? Or special occasions only? Or never?
- What part of your daily makeup routine do you hate doing the most?
- Foundation application: Brush, Beauty Blender or fingers?
- Do you have a favorite "beauty guru" on YouTube? If so, who is it and what makes them so special?
- If you have a beauty Instagram account, what is your favorite and least favorite thing about Instagram's beauty community?
- What specific makeup item do you find yourself reaching for the most often?
- How old were you when you first started wearing makeup?
- Dogs or cats?
I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did and I can't wait to see what the future holds...for all of us!
Bye for now my lovelies!!! (And thanks again Tashia...I really, really enjoyed this!)
*Desio contact lens review: http://blog.reneebruch.com/2014/01/review-desio-sensual-beauty-colored.html
*The "I can't wear cute shoes dilemma..." http://blog.reneebruch.com/2013/12/the-i-cant-wear-cute-shoes-dilemma.html