Desio is currently running a special promotion that ends on January 29, 2014! Buy 2 pair and get the 3rd pair free!
As many of my followers and subscribers are already aware, I have naturally brown eyes. I currently wear the color "Desert Dream" and many of you have seen them in my blog and Instagram photos. I get a ton of compliments on my "green" eyes and on most occasions, I tell people that they are colored contacts. By far, the most common response I get is "NO! Really? They look so natural!"
I am not new to the Desio brand, as I purchased my own set of colored lenses in the color "Desert Dream" awhile back. Therefore, as a previous customer of Desio, I am able to speak on not only my lenses, but my experience with the company, their customer service and the lenses themselves. Which I will do in this review.
Desio lenses are only available for sale online. *IMPORTANT: READ ALL SECTIONS OF THE WEBSITE WHEN ORDERING YOUR DESIO LENSES.*
Overview of Desio Sensual Beauty contacts: *All specifications of the lenses and their parameters can be found in the FAQ section of the Desio website as well as more detailed instructions on the ordering process and shipping information.*
- Desio lenses are specifically geared towards people with naturally dark eyes. This does not mean that you have to have dark brown eyes to wear them, but keep in mind that should you have a lighter eye color, it will impact the final look of your eyes depending on the color of lenses you choose. (Everyone has a different "shade" of eye color, so how they appear on my brown eyes, may not be exactly how they appear on your shade of brown eyes.)
- Desio lenses come in 8 different colors: "Innocent White", "Creamy Beige", "Smoky Grey", "Mint Touch", "Icy Blue", "Forest Green", "Desert Dream" and "Caramel Brown". (Desio sent me 6 colors to review: "Creamy Beige", "Smoky Grey", "Mint Touch", "Icy Blue", "Forest Green" & "Desert Dream".)
- Desio lenses are disposable and can be used for up to 3 months.
- Desio lenses are available in prescription or as "plano", which means no vision correction. Be aware, that some prescription strengths are "special order" and require additional processing time. The specific information can be found on their website in the FAQ section.
Commonly asked questions: (Cost, Prescriptions, Packaging, Shipping)
- Cost: As the date of this review, plano and prescription lenses (plano and up to -6.00 power) are 39 Euros ($52 USD). Please use a currency converter to determine the cost in your particular currency if you are in another country. The cost of the lenses do vary depending on the type of lenses you need. This information is in their FAQ section.
- Desio offers their lenses as a pair (2 lenses of the same power prescription). They do not break up a pair or mix prescriptions. If you have 2 different prescriptions, one for each eye, you must purchase a pair in each prescription strength.
- The outer packaging is a sleek cardboard box in a very pretty rosy metallic shade. The lenses themselves are in a plastic package with a foiled seal that you peel off. (Like many other brands you may purchase from your eye care provider). Inside the box you will find a color guide as well as an instruction leaflet printed in 6 different languages. (A photo of the packaging and contents are below). This is not my favorite packaging for receiving contact lenses shipped from another country, however, when I take into consideration it is being sent through the mail, it is by far the safest packaging to avoid damage to the lenses. And, it keeps the shipping costs low which I suppose is why Desio is able to offer free shipping anywhere in the world.
- Shipping: Desio offers free shipping worldwide. The length of time it takes to receive your lenses depends on your location. Please note, the processing and shipping time can be a long process, so please DON'T PANIC! Desio ships by registered mail to the U.S. and it takes time. It took several weeks for my lenses to reach me. You will be provided a tracking number once the lenses are sent, but it will not be "trackable" on the USPS site until the lenses are in the USPS system.
To reach a customer service representative at Desio, please visit their website and go to "Contact Us" and give the requested information. When I first ordered my "Desert Dream" lenses, I did have some questions and this is the most effective way to reach them. My e-mail was answered promptly and professionally. My customer service representative was very kind and knowledgeable and was able to answer all of my questions and concerns. I will admit, I was a pest! I sent several e-mails and each one was answered by the same representative who was always courteous, patient and informative. I cannot say enough good things about my representative and the customer service experience as a whole.
This is not my first experience with colored lenses. I have tried lenses from other brands and I found them to be extremely uncomfortable to wear. They felt as if they were "scratching" my eyes. I found that when I first ordered my "Desert Dream" lenses that they felt a tiny bit uncomfortable. I took them out (which you should do should you experience any discomfort!) and contacted Desio's customer service. My customer service representative went through several of the most common problems, such as the lens being inside out, etc. They were not inside out, but it was suggested I use a different type of solution than what I was using for my regular lenses. I switched solutions and used the eye drops she recommended and I haven't had any discomfort since. If you have any problems or issues with your lenses, please contact their customer service or your eye care professional. DO NOT CONTINUE TO WEAR YOUR LENSES IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY DISCOMFORT!
The moment you've all been waiting for! For me personally, I consider my colored contacts as a "beauty accessory". In my personal experience, not every color will be suitable for every person and some are more natural looking on me than others. Below are photographs of me wearing each of the 6 colors I was sent for review. The first photo is my natural eye color, and the remaining photos will have the name of the color of the lens I am wearing. (I kept my makeup neutral so as not to affect the appearance of the lenses on my eye.) All of these photos were taken in natural light and the color of the lenses are not enhanced, edited or changed in any way. (Skin color variations are a result of changes in the natural lighting conditions.)
There they are my lovelies! In my opinion, they all look great but, I do admit, I have some personal favorites! I already love my "Desert Dream" lenses, so of course they are a fave! And since I love green, "Forest Green" was also a big hit. One of the biggest surprises I had was "Creamy Beige"...I didn't expect to like the color as much as I did! But, there isn't a "bad" color in the bunch and I will continue to wear every one of the colors. If you have ever considered colored contacts, I highly recommend that you purchase a pair from www.Desiolens.com!
Please subscribe to my blog on Google+ and don't forget to follow me on Instagram @reneebruch and on Twitter @ReneeBruchPhoto. Please visit my official website at www.reneebruch.com and like my Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ReneeBruchPhotography
Bye for now my lovelies!!!