- Q-Tips - I prefer the pointed precision tips because they make working in small areas easier. I use these for everything from removing mascara that has gotten on my skin to sharpening up the lines of my liquid eyeliner. I also use them to blot my undereye area if I see that my concealer has settled into my fine lines. They are always in my makeup drawer or purse and readily available!
- Carmex lip balm - My holy grail lip balm! My lips are always dry and I find that Carmex is the only lip balm that can combat this problem. I have one stashed in my purse, the end table next to the couch, in my makeup area...even my camera bag! I don't use this under lipstick because it is way to thick, but I use this constantly at home to combat my dry lips.
- NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray - (Ulta stores or Ulta.com $7.99. You may be able to find in select Target stores.) If you all have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I love my long wearing foundations. Whether it be my Estée Lauder Double Wear, my Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 or my Revlon Colorstay. If I feel that my makeup is looking a bit "cakey" and or want a little more natural finish to my makeup...I use a couple spritzes of this spray. It takes away the look of a powdery finish some matte foundations may leave, or I will use in the middle of the day just to refresh my face and makeup. It doesn't leave an overly dewy look to the skin...it just brings it back to a more natural skin like finish.
- Eyelash curler - (The one shown is from elf and it cost me $1.00 at Target) - This is a no brainer for many ladies with straight lashes! I'm not partial to any brand or type of eyelash curler...but I MUST have one! I always curl my lashes before applying mascara.
- Waterproof Mascara - The one shown is L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes, but I also use Maybelline's "The Rocket". Pretty much any black waterproof mascara, I just happen to prefer those two. I use a waterproof mascara as my first coat because it holds the curl in my lashes. My lashes are so straight that without a waterproof mascara as a base, other mascaras just take the curl right out of my lashes.
- Don't try to fix any mascara "boo-boos" while the product is still wet. Let it dry before trying to remove it with a Q-Tip.
- To get the most natural looking curl to your lashes, start curling at the very base of your lashes. Move the lash curler to the center of your lashes and then one last curl towards the tips. This will keep you from having a harsh "bent" look to your lashes.
- Make sure your eyelash curler has no product build up on it. Your lashes will just stick to it and you risk pulling out your lashes.
There you have it! Very simple, very inexpensive and all must haves for me! Leave me a comment down below and tell me what YOUR makeup must haves are! I would love to hear the different things that you all have in your beauty routine that you can't live without.
I just want to give a thank you to all of my lovely blog followers. Whether you've been with me from the start or are a new follower...thank you for your support, your kind words and encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of you. You can also follow me on Instagram @reneebruch and on Twitter @ReneeBruchPhoto. Check out my official website at www.reneebruch.com and my Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ReneeBruchPhotography
I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year and may 2014 be a fantastic year for all of you!